USB to RS-232 Adapter for AndroidThe USB to serial adapter enables you to connect a RS-232 device to a smart phone or tablet with Android OS. Designed for mobility and integration into mixed environments such as Controlling instrumentation, Home automation, barcode scanning etc.; this portable and lightweight single cable solution is compatible with nearly all Android OS version 3.2 Honeycomb or later devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note®, Galaxy® S5, S4, S3, or S2, Google Nexus 7™, 5, or 4, and Motorola or HTC mobile devices.
Exception: serial mouse, or serial modem is not for application.
- Fully Compliant with USB specification 1.1 and 2.0
- USB to Straight-Through RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter for Android
- Supports data transfer rate up to 230 Kbps; or up to 115Kbps with no flow control
- Standard UART interface (RX, TX, RTS, CTS and GND pins)
- UART TX buffer size is 256 bytes, UART RX buffer size is 5512 bytes
- Supports ±15kV HBM ESD Protection
- Supports OTG (On-The-Go) mode but no external OTG cable is required
- Powers and charges the connected Android device, USB-powered via PC USB port, USB wall charger, or USB mobile battery pack
- Compatible with Android OS Version 3.2 Honeycomb or later (Suitable for use on any Android platform supporting Android open Accessory Mode)